ADVOCATE FOR WOMEN AND CHILDREN
Greater access to postpartum depression care
Sarah Davis passed new legislation to provide postpartum depression care to low-income women who otherwise would have no access to this care.
Funding for women’s health initiatives
As the state’s lead budget writer for health care, Sarah Davis fought to increase funding for women’s health programs in Texas, providing a higher level of basic care, preventative medicine, and access to birth control.
Expanded access to cancer screenings
Sarah Davis led efforts to increase funding and expand access to health care for low-income women, including better access to breast exams and other cancer screenings.
Healthy Mommies, Healthy Babies
A passionate advocate for maternal and fetal health, Sarah Davis passed “Healthy Mommies, Healthy Babies” legislation to develop Centers of Excellence for Fetal Diagnosis and Therapy, and was named a “Women’s Health Hero” by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
SARAH HAS RECEIVED THE FOLLOWING AWARDS FOR HER WORK ON BEHALF OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN:
Texas Pediatric Society's Distinguished Service Award
Big Voice For Little Texans by Texas CASA Patient Protection Award, Texas Medical Association
- Patient Care Champion, Harris County Medical Society
- Recognition for Supporting the Fight Against Breast Cancer, Leading Ladies Service Group
- Texas Women's Health Champion, American Council of Gynecologists
- Women's Health Hero, Women's Healthcare Coalition
- Senator Barry Goldwater Award, Planned Parenthood
- Certificate of Appreciation for Equal Pay of Women, American Association of University Women, TX
- Recognition for outstanding work & support in cancer and Hepatitis C prevention, awareness, and treatment, Prevent Cancer Foundation